Life has become so busy in today’s time that we forget to have some time for ourselves or for our family. Work is ever demanding, financial goals are to be met, we need a nicer car or a bigger house. The list of these things never end. And in today’s time of working couples, it becomes even more difficult to steal some time from work and go on a nice short holiday with your wife or girlfriend. There is no dearth of romantic places for couples, but you need time to visit them. Although I can’t help you with the time but I can give you a list of some of the most romantic places for couples to visit around Mumbai city.
5 most romantic places for couples around Mumbai:
1) Alibaug - Just about 30 kms south of Mumbai, Alibaug serves as the perfect weekend getaway for couples. The best part is the easy transportation options from Mumbai and many attractions that can be visited around here. The easiest way is by taking a ferry from gateway of india to Mandwa which will cost around 150 bucks and then a bus or an auto from Mandwa to Alibaug. The cost of the ferry is inclusive of the bus ride. Alibaug boasts of a lot of tourist attractions. From forts to beaches, you would definitely find something that matches your taste. There are few upscale resorts that you might want to book if you are looking for nice view and better service. If you are adventurous types you would love to visit the forts here and if you are looking for a quiet romantic weekend, bother no more, just hit one of the many beaches and enjoy your time there.
2) Kihim beach- A very long and clean beach near Alibaug and an ideal place for couples who have affinity towards beaches. If you just want a day outing may this can be your ideal spot. You can leave early morning come back by evening. The most beautiful part of this beach is the cleanliness that is maintained there. It is much better and romantic if you go on a weekday as it is less crowded. However weekends can also be fun. Make sure to carry some food and water with yourself. Also sunglasses is a must. If you want to stay at the Kihim beach you might want to book one of the many cottages on the shore. Some of them also offer food in the package but do inquire before booking. You might want to swim in the beach but be extremely careful as it has lot of sharp rocks which might hurt you.
3) Mahableshwar - Mahabaleshwar is 280 kms from Mumbai and is a little difficult to cover in one day. The best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is during monsoons and one weekend would be good enough to accommodate this trip. If you leave early saturday morning you should be able to cover everything and return by sunday evening. The famous places to visit around Mahabaleshwar are Wilson’s point which is the highest point above sea level there and an ideal spot to see sunrise and sunset. Other than that you can visit Arthur’s seat which offers beautiful view of the ranges. There are lot of waterfalls which can also be visited in Mahabaleshwar. Tapola and Panchgani are other two hill stations very close to Mahabaleshwar and if you plan to extend your weekend to long weekend you might be able to cover them as well.
4) Lonavala - Lonavala is close to 100 kms from Mumbai and can be covered in a day. The weather here is pretty awesome and the best time to visit this place is during monsoons when it is covered with mist all around. There are lot of attractions that should be visited in Lonavala. You should try Bhushi dam where you can sit on the steps with water gushing down. You can also try lion’s point which is the top most point and is the most romantic spot according to me. Make sure to have some snacks and tea while on this point. The way to the top is very curvy and you would enjoy the bike/car trip till there. Very close to Lonavala is khandala which can also be covered. You can visit the Karla caves and Duke’s point in Khandala.
5) Kashid beach - Another beautiful beach near Mumbai, actually very close to Alibaug. It is 16 kms before Murud and 34 km onwards Alibag and should definitely be visited. This beach is beautiful with around 1.5 km stretch which ends in beautiful hills. The beach is one of the cleanest you will find anywhere in India. The white sands, blue water makes it a must visit if you are a beach fan.
If you want to have some romantic time with your spouse, you must visit the places mentioned above. If you have already visited them there are many more romantic spots that should not be missed but I might mention it in my other posts.
You might also like:5 most romantic places for couples around Pune !! 5 most romantic restaurants to have candle light dinner in Pune